Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Learning Again

I love the holidays! They provide an opportunity to celebrate the true reason for the season; but also time to reflect on where we've been the past year and contemplate on the necessary changes for the New Year. As much as I enjoy all of this, I consider Epiphany to be the true day of transition. Now that I've paused and pondered, I'm ready to rev my engine in 2011. Knowing that the next twelve months will carry all the more uncertainty for many friends and former associates, I know it holds many challenges and exciting opportunities for myself in the way of academia.
This past weekend I enjoyed the movie "The Ron Clark Story", very much inspired by his determination and perseverance. His website www.ronclarkacademy.com displays creative teaching at its best. We should also remember that not everyone should attempt to duplicate his work, but retain their originality and true self. I've picked up a copy of his book "The Essential 55" and can't wait to dive deeper into his classroom environment. Meanwhile, the journey continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment