Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reading Reflection BWP Ch.10 & Epilogue

The final chapter and accompanying epilogue summed up the "big shift" with several reflections worth thinking about. In the past twenty years, the web has exploded in many directions. Rather than slowing down, it's apparent we're speeding up at greater rates. In the past month I was able to pay a virtual visit to my great-great-uncle's graveside in Fairfield, Connecticut. He was a veteran of the American Civil War, and I secured pictures of his family and an entire cast of relatives from my mother's side of the family. I viewed census reports from 1870 with information about occupation, size of the household and land of family's origin. All without leaving my desk from home! More and more of this type of historical information is being made available to our population, and I have the ability to further investigate with assorted cousins found hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away.
Whether it is teaching, learning or collaboration....education is changing in so many ways. We dare not blink or miss the creation of a new concept. And should our attention span drift, someone will catch the event and bring it to our attention within a matter of minutes. Can you imagine what the Web3.0 might look like in a matter of a few years? We all have the ability to become change agents, and as long as I continue to have a pulse, I will explore and pursue this fantastic media. My eyes have truly been opened to a new horizon of personal and collective learning. Bring on the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment